These resources will give you more information about D.C. Village.
The following resources will give you insights into our reasons for homeschooling and a sense of our approach.
- “Stop Stealing Dreams,” TedX talk by Seth Godin and his e-book
- “Progressive Education: Why It’s Hard to Beat but Also Hard to Find”, Alfie Kohn, Independent School, Spring 2008
- Unschooling Rules, Clark Aldrich
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Education Will Change the Way the World Learns, Clayton Christensen
- Creating Innovators: the Making of Young People Who Will Change the World, Tony Wagner
- “5 Myths About Mastery Based Learning,” Christina Yu, Knewton Blog
- “Student-Centered Learning: The Magic of Peer Mentoring,” The Knewton Blog, Kaylie Reed
- Home Grown, Ben Hewitt, 2014
- "10 Things that Will Surprise You if You Put Kids in Charge," EdSurge, Jeff Sandefer
- Pam Laricchia's books, including "Free to Learn: Five Ideas for a Joyful Unschooling Life"
- "Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life," by Peter Gray
- "Harnessing Children's Natural Ways of Learning," Mind/Shift, Luba Vangelova
- Alternatives to School
- "Introduction to Self-Directed Learning," by Luba Vangelova
- FAQs about Self-Directed Learning, Alternatives to School
- "Why We Should Stop Segregating Children by Age: Part II," Psychology Today, Peter Gray
- "Getting the Big Idea: Concept-Based Teaching and Learning," Transforming Learning Environments through Global and STEM Education, August 13, 2013